Ahhhh...summer is here! Fireworks, watermelon, ocean breezes and sand in my toes. There may be nothing more beautiful than taking a week off from blow drying my hair and throwing on nothing but some moisturizer and an SPF Chapstick.
BUT, of course there's the 4PM daily decision I've been making this week...to makeup, or not to makeup. So I've settled on a compromise.
After a day on the sand, I indulge in a shower al fresco, a MUST at the beach. Then I take no more then 10 minutes for a simple beauty routine:
- Scrunch Pantene Volumizing Mousse in my hair with a towel
- Mix half & half moisturizer and foundation, and apply by hand
- Wave Estée Lauder Double Wear mascara on my lashes
- Use blush brush to apply a glowing cheek color like Laura Mercier Golden Mosaic and use an eye brush to apply some of the lighter colors on my lids
- Finish up with a pink gloss
Voila! And, now I'm off for margaritas on the porch.
Happy Summer all! Stay tuned for more beauty tips and makeup tutorials from Julie Page Makeup.
Julie is professional makeup artist, serving Washington, DC, Baltimore, Northern Virginia and the Delaware Beaches. For more information, visit juliepage.emilyhoxworthart.com or connect on Facebook.com/juliepagemakeup.